University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Located on more than 104 acres in downtown Milwaukee, the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee educates more Wisconsin residents than any university in the world, recruiting a growing population of international students and faculty. The university is a learning destination for more than 25,000 students.
As part of its continuous classroom renovation, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee wanted to combine two classrooms into one renewed modern classroom space. Focused on enhancing the classroom experience, the team wanted easy-to-use technology that created room efficiency with minimal maintenance.
University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee collaborated with CEC to ensure that it created a better learning environment by combining two classrooms into one. The University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee now has a classroom standard that includes:
- Enhanced audio and assisted-listening devices to improve the student experience while meeting federal ADA requirements.
- Improved staff remote management and room-monitoring capabilities utilizing Crestron Fusion for classroom control.
- A positive learning environment for staff and students utilizing lecture capture. Recording capability allows professors to record classes, improves student presentations, and offers study material.
- A way for the university to save energy while managing classroom scheduling with ease and minimal faculty time.
- The latest projection, screen, and mounting equipment and technology.
- A document camera to replace the overhead projector, adding additional capabilities to capture and save documentation, and project 3D objects.
CEC was easy to work with on this project. They were in constant contact with the university team and followed the process they had in place.