Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust
Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust (CRBT) is a local bank that strives to exceed customer expectations with innovative products, an extraordinary level of service, and sophisticated technology. Actively involved in the Cedar Rapids community, CRBT is focused on serving locally owned and managed businesses, as well as individuals who want a personalized banking relationship.
CRBT was reconstructing its basement and expanding the data center in its Main Office building. It looked to CEC to:
- Move and upgrade current integrated security systems (intrusion detection, cameras, and access control).
- Incorporate power and cooling elements to the data center.
- Assist with design and implementation of a structured cabling solution.
- Aid in becoming a disaster recovery site for Quad Cities Holding Company.
CRBT worked with CEC to design and engineer the security and power and cooling solution for the data center. In addition to engineering, CEC repositioned all control boxes, added access-control doors, repositioned cameras and motion detectors, ran all cabling, and implemented a power and cooling solution.
When the project was complete, CRBT had:
- An expanded data center offering more efficient use of space and energy.
- A disaster recovery site for Quad Cities Holding Company.
- Integrated security systems that enabled managed alerts and security of the data center.
- Protection from intrusion.
- An optimal power and cooling solution, which saves the company money while offering power availability and cooling reliability for equipment.
We’ve partnered with CEC on technology projects since 2001. The engineering and technical expertise at CEC continually assists us in integrating our systems; addressing our business challenges and meeting our deadlines even on a quick turnaround.