Integrated DNA Technologies
Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) is the largest supplier of custom nucleic acids in the world. IDT sells short strands of DNA (oligos) for research. These strands can be used for diagnostic testing for genetic and infectious diseases, for research to discover new drugs or treatments, and for producing safer agricultural products. IDT synthesizes and ships an average of 36,000 custom oligos per day to more than 86,000 customers worldwide.
Over a decade ago, IDT staff members were looking for an organization that could successfully upgrade IDT’s core networking gear. The employees had certain product lines in mind, and they were looking for a company that provided the necessary product support.
CEC engineers worked with IDT to put together an appropriate, cost-effective solution for the company’s networking gear. After a successful implementation, IDT now relies on CEC for its security cameras, fire alarms, mass notification, access control, and overhead paging systems. By partnering with CEC, IDT now has:
- An updated IT network and the necessary licenses needed to support IT protocols.
- A reliable way to communicate in a disaster if other communication systems fail.
- The ability to receive and relay critical, targeted communications across public address systems, cell phones, computers, handhelds, desk phones, etc. to inform safety agencies and staff members of an emergency.
- State-of-the-art access control hardware and software that delivers maximum protection, versatility, and simple operation.
- Video security that involves video analytics, secure network communications, alarm integration, and event-driven recording.
- A single vendor that manages most of the company’s physical security needs, translating to less training necessary and fewer systems for IDT to support.
Having a single vendor for the majority of our physical security needs has helped IDT build a more cohesive system. There is less training involved for end-users and fewer systems to support from an IT and facilities perspective.