Mercy Medical Center
Since 1900, thousands of patients have received personalized health services and medical care from Mercy Medical Center. Today, more than 2,100 employees carry on the Mercy tradition. The organization is committed to providing a patient- and family-centered system of care carried out by the finest employees and physicians.
As a hospital located in Iowa’s second-biggest city, Mercy Medical Center has ongoing healthcare challenges and requirements. From cabling to infant security and audio/video work, Mercy has ongoing needs to make sure its patients, clinicians, and staff members are as healthy and productive as possible.
Over the past four decades, CEC has provided a variety of technology solutions for Mercy Medical Center. As technology trends and shifts occur, CEC keeps the hospital up-to-date on the solutions they need.
After partnering with CEC, Mercy Medical Center now has:
- A nurse call solution that is integrated with a wireless phone system so patients can call their nurses directly vs. going through a charge nurse sitting at the nurses’ station.
- Increased patient satisfaction due to the ability to contact nurses directly and receive a quicker response.
- Charge nurses who are more productive because they’re able to focus on other tasks vs. taking patient calls.
- Vandal-resistant VoIP emergency call stations in the hospital’s parking lots that offer reporting capabilities.
- Wandering resident systems that feature battery back-up, and aren’t reliant on power to function.
- Quality AV systems in conference rooms that improve clarify and communications during staff and business meetings.
- Overhead paging that offers crisp, clear sound for announcements and emergency communications.
We’ve been using CEC for a long time. There are communications systems here that were installed in the ‘60s or ‘70s by CEC. CEC spent a lot of time integrating our nurse call to our phone system, which frees up our charge nurses for other tasks instead of sitting at the nurses’ desk.