St. Luke's of Cedar Rapids
St. Luke's is a fully accredited, 540-bed hospital serving a seven-county area surrounding Cedar Rapids. St. Luke's offers a wide range of patient care services with strengths in heart care, obstetrics, newborn intensive care, pediatrics, physical medicine and rehabilitation, behavioral health, general surgery, and emergency care. They aspire to always provide the highest level of healthcare services in ways that are measurable and evident to patients and customers.
St. Luke's of Cedar Rapids was looking to improve prayer and Sunday service broadcasts to patient rooms throughout the hospital. Previous broadcasts had been of poor quality, and patients were having a hard time seeing and understanding the broadcasts through the televisions in their rooms. They needed:
- An easy-to-use system that would allow them to record and rebroadcast (or do live broadcasts) of services and events in the chapel area.
- Audio and video that tied into the existing TV modulator.
CEC provided an A/V solution that included a new camera and microphone system, a window shade solution, additional inputs, and a system rack that allowed for recording.
CEC gave St. Luke’s of Cedar Rapids an updated chapel solution that improves broadcasts to patients in the building. As part of this project, St. Luke's received:
- A remote-controlled pan/tilt/zoom camera that incorporates an 18x optical zoom lens, allowing the user to zoom in on a small or distant object with exceptional clarity.
- A solution that incorporates “predetermined positions” for instant recall so that the system doesn’t have to be reset each time.
- Window shades that are light-filtering and light-blocking so the room can be adjusted for the best setting in which to capture recordings of prayer and church services.
We trusted CEC with this A/V project based upon the knowledge and experience they brought to previous projects they've done for us. They meet our budget and still provide good quality.