Washington County Hospital & Clinics
Since 1912, Washington County Hospital and Clinics (WCHC) has been providing healthcare services to Iowa’s Washington County and its surrounding residents. The 25-bed critical-access hospital and 43-bed nursing home provide inpatient, outpatient, long-term care, and emergency services. WCHC provides an extensive outpatient surgery department along with radiology and rehabilitation services.
As part of a $22 million replacement hospital project that included 51,000 square feet of new space and 28,000 square feet of renovated space, WCHC was looking for a modern nurse call solution that not only functioned well and was easy for patients and clinicians to use, but also fit with the look of the new facility.
CEC implemented a new nurse call solution for WCHC as part of the new construction project in 2008. After this project was complete, WCHC called on CEC for a variety of other technology solutions. After partnering with CEC, Washington County Hospital and Clinics now has:
- A nurse call solution that includes phone integration, which allows nurses to communicate with patients without being at the nurses’ station.
- Tamper-proof infant security that isn’t dependent on a computer system. The security system also features reporting capabilities that let staff members run reports and look at data.
- An access control system with proximity devices that are tied in with the hospital’s fire alarm system.
- Training and documentation on how to use all of these technology solutions to reap the most benefit.
- Video surveillance to keep WCHC patients secure during their stay.
Not everything is cookie-cutter perfect. Sometimes you have to make modifications so that systems can work for you, and that’s very easy to do with CEC. The company is big enough to offer a variety of solutions, but small enough that the same people help you every time, which lets you build a repertoire with them.