Washington Community Schools
The Washington Community School District (WCSD) covers a 208-square-mile area in the center of Washington County and a small portion of Jefferson County. With an enrollment of 1,720 students, the district employs 260. Pursuing a 1:1 computer-to-student ratio, the district uses innovative technology; many of its classrooms are media-enabled and wired for surround sound.
In the early 1990s, the Washington Community School District approached CEC about installing professional sound and intercom systems. If systems ever went down during the school year, Washington Community School District needed a partner that could be onsite quickly and work on the sound systems efficiently without taking away from school communications.
From routine service and maintenance to replacing intercom systems after lightning damage, CEC has helped Washington Community School District keep its systems functional. Being pleased with CEC’s work on its professional sound systems, the district’s transportation department called on CEC to replace an existing two-way radio system with a more robust and secure communications solution. After partnering with CEC on a variety of solutions, the district now has:
- Intercom systems that allow for clear communication regarding announcements, updates, and events across all buildings, select buildings, or specific zones within buildings.
- Increased safety for students and staff, using the zoned sound system as a method for reliable mass communication in times of emergency.
- A radio system that is affordable and economical enough to outfit all necessary staff members with the radios they wanted, with money left over to help pay for the two-way system infrastructure.
- Secure two-way radio conversations, thanks to radio programming and encryption.
- Access to a service team that can be onsite within a short period of time if a problem arises, and knows how to work on professional sound systems while minimizing disruption in classrooms during the school year.
“We have continued to work with CEC based on the knowledge of their technicians and the quality of their service work.”