Berlin Memorial Hospital
Berlin Memorial Hospital is a member of Community Health Network (CHN) and ThedaCare, a community health system. It provides healthcare in partnership with the people it serves: patients, families, physicians, staff, and health professionals. The 25-bed critical care hospital employs more than 800 people, and offers more than 100 specialty services.
CEC and Berlin Memorial Hospital have partnered for years to complete necessary fire alarm testing and inspection services, as well as to design, install, and maintain access control solutions. When the hospital decided to invest in a surveillance system, it called on CEC to walk them through the process and offer advice on what would work best to meet their goals.
Berlin Memorial Hospital and CEC worked together to establish a 15-camera surveillance system that can expand as the hospital’s requirements change in the future. With this security solution in place, Berlin Memorial Hospital now has:
- Reduced instances of shoplifting in the cafeteria and gift shop areas.
- Increased comfort levels and feelings of security for the emergency department staff. During all hours of the day and night, they can now see who’s approaching the main entrance doors of the ER, as well as monitor the emergency room waiting areas.
- Improved monitoring of the helicopter pads. With camera placement near helicopter landing areas, hospital staff can see as soon as a patient arrives, and monitor the situation before the patient and medical staff ever enter the building.
- The ability for the receiving department to observe the hospital loading dock area from afar, so they can be better prepared for what type of delivery is arriving, whether it’s medical equipment from FedEx or a Sysco food order.
- The option to record video surveillance content and watch it later if necessary to review or investigate security issues.
- A technology partner that is available to assist with surveillance system updates, maintenance, and troubleshooting, as well as other components of the hospital’s security and life safety solutions (fire alarm inspections, access control and ID badging, etc.).
CEC is very approachable. They’re fun to work with, and it’s never a high-tension situation when they’re around. They’re professional, and they also know our hospital inside and out. I’m just wowed by their level of service. And they always answer their phones.