Accuray is a radiation oncology company that develops, manufactures, and sells precise, innovative treatment solutions that set the standard of care with the aim of helping patients live longer, better lives. Founded in 1991, the company acquired Madison’s TomoTherapy in 2011. Accuray now manufactures its TomoTherapy and CyberKnife Systems at the Madison Accuray location. The company is headquartered in California, and also has offices in Asia and Europe.
When Accuray acquired TomoTherapy in 2011, both companies had videoconferencing systems with incompatible codecs, as well as video and audio issues. Connections weren’t reliable, and it was causing frustration for not only the IT team, who was asked to support the system, but across the entire business. Accuray reached out to a few integrators in the Midwest to learn about possible solutions, but weren’t receiving timely responses or the well-architected solutions they had in mind. So Accuray went in search of a second opinion.
After reaching out to CEC, Accuray decided to move forward with new video conferencing solutions. As a result, Accuray now has:
- Effective communication for its teams across all Accuray campuses, whether employees are on mobile devices or in videoconferencing rooms.
- A customized, high-definition videoconferencing solution that incorporates in-room integrated speakers and microphones – all within a set budget.
- Reduction in the amount of business travel and associated costs, since employees across the organization can now converse in-person and go beyond conference calls and e-mails. This allows staff to experience the important, nonverbal aspects of communication.
- Intuitive, easy-to-use, integrated touchscreen panels that control the videoconferencing system.
- The ability to record and stream video content that can be viewed later on any device and environment.
- A technology partner that assists with system updates, audio leveling, and troubleshooting, as well as successfully integrating new AV equipment with existing backroom components.
“When we first called them, CEC was onsite almost immediately to look at our rooms. CEC went above and beyond to research how to provide custom solutions that would work effectively with our equipment. They not only help us with AV projects, but provide best practices that help us get the richest audio and video experience possible.”